HOLY CRAP (on so many levels)!!!!
- normalizing relations for first time since 1961
- exchange of people and money to be normalized
- American banks and credit cards allowed to process transactions from Cuba
- America re-opening Embassy in Cuba / Havana
- “…licensed American travellers to Cuba will now be able to return to the U.S. with $400 in Cuban goods, including tobacco and alcohol products worth less than $100 combined. This means the long-standing ban on importing Cuban cigars is over, although there are still limits.”
- Canada hosted the majority of the meetings working towards this (time will tell if the world and/or Americans specifically need to thank us Canucks, or if something happens to screw this all up!)