So, it’s been relatively two weeks since I’ve posted anything here. Various things have been happening that have precluded me from doing so. But, that’s another post for another day.
But for tonight, Gino from Italy (aka “Mr Japan” from online forums) has messaged me regarding the upcoming Partagas Encuentros in Havana, but also asked me to pass this news along regarding the upcoming MRN 2nd Edition. Gino’s good people, and a past president and patron of AmiCigar, the Italian cigar brotherhood, so a kind shout-out to him and his group…
Earlier today, Nino also posted about this news on his blog. It concerns further details on the delays of the 2nd Edition of the MRN Encyclopaedia, and some fairly in-depth pictures. Gino’s currently visiting with MRN in Hong Kong, so it’s another little insight on the upcoming Encyclopaedia. As requested by Gino, I’ll post the text here, but please visit Nino’s page (or Gino’s and/or AmiCigar’s FaceBook page) for further pictures.
“I am in Hong Kong and I like to share some important news about the second edition of the Encyclopaedia.
The delay is due to several factors that the author did not like, the main are :
1) Instead of 6 volumes x 400 pages there will be 2 volumes in a slip case each volume containing 200 pages.
So total are 12 volumes x 200 pages that will be easier to consult.
The presentation will be exactly the same.
2) Believe or not the outside of each volume will be cloth bound and it’s also water proof ….. actually it’s been tested also as champagne proof by myself
3) There is a piece of thick nylon cloth glued totally between the hard cover and the double reinforced Smyth-sewn main book block, making the joining impossible to break apart.
4) When the book is open the double pages can be open totally flat to enjoy better reading and photos.
5) The bamboo bookcase will be totally colour matched.
Of course to inform myself about all the above details I had to sit and enjoy sipping some Veuve Cliquot Rose from 1985 … some Gosset 1999 …. Riesling Dr Loosen 2005 … and a few sticks of vintage cigars as you can see.
The party still goes on.
One thought on “Further MRN 2nd Edition Encyclopaedia delay details from Gino visiting Hong Kong…”